Who Are We?
Ntulume Village Women Development Association (NVIWODA) is a non-governmental organization that equips women with entrepreneurship skills and capacity building for sustainable livelihoods. We promote family incomes at the grassroots through education. It started in 1987 and was registered as a Non- Governmental Organization (NGO) in June 1991- Reg.S.5914/404)
Its membership is composed of individual members and Community Based Women groups (CBO’S) found in 10 Districts of Uganda. more ...
Core MandateA family which is empowered with increased incomes at household level.
The VisionPromote family income at the grassroots level through education.
Mission StatementFamilies equipped, through entrepreneurship skills and capacity building for sustainable livelihoods.
NVIWODA seeks to realize its mission through the following strategic objectives during the period 2019-2023.
- To increase family household income for improving quality of livelihoods.
- To participate in the fight against Domestic violence and HIV/AIDS.
- Promote use and application of Information and communication Technology (ICT’s) among women and youth.
- To address Gender imbalance.
- To promote women human rights and land rights awareness.
- To strengthen Institutional capacity
- Improve program and organizational efficiency and effectiveness
- School outreach capacity building and mentoring of young girls to address gender imbalances
Over the next 5 years it is expected that this strategic direction shall lead to:
- At least 80% of rural women farmers will appreciate the importance of food security at household level and increase participation in applying entrepreneurship and agriculture farming techniques for quality livelihoods.
- At least 60% of families will avoid domestic violence therefore peaceful homes and stable progress in development
- At least women will apply affordable and user friendly ICT tools to access information and improve communication.
- Improved NVIWODA programmes, implement them effectively
- Enhance resource mobilization for programmes and activities.
- Strengthen NVIWODA member’s capacity and management
Principles and Values
As NVIWODA, we follow the following principals and Core Values
We lack of hidden agendas. So avail full information required for collaboration and cooperation.
We are accountable for every decision undertaken.
Respect for each other
We give respect to every person in the community since they are imporatnt
We ensure excellency in the activities we carry out
High spirit of voluntarism
Members are trained with the ability and willingness to volunteer
We make sure our activities are effective to our members in each community.
NVIWODA Training Programmes
Entrepreneurship Training for women in Uganda
An Entrepreneur is a person who scans the environment, marshals resources and implements an action to bring into......
Women and ICT’S
The world is owned by 70% poor women and most of them in rural areas . Given that situation under which they live they....
Food Security and Sustainable Live Livelihoods
In most families of Uganda, availability of food to sustain the family remains myth. Absence of meals affects.....
Subscribe for Newsletter
We have been blessed by a host of donors.